Thursday, July 31, 2008

champagne thursday: toast #14

so this one's pretty late since i just got back from tucson about an hour ago, but i'd like to give a big thank you to the golf villas at oro valley. holy crap, what a fabulous place to stay for the bar exam or any other reason.


i reserved a one-bedroom villa, which measures 809 square feet = bigger than several of my past apartments. they ended up giving me a two-bedroom, two-bath villa, which totally knocked my proverbial socks off. i didn't even realize it until i was using the restroom and noticed that the tub was not the whirlpool tub i was promised was in every unit. then i walked around the place and found the master bedroom with its attached bath, which did, indeed, include said tub.

master bedroom had walk-out to the patio, as did the living room. full kitchen included all the plates, coffee mugs and silverware you could hope for, in addition to pots and pans and a dishwasher, which my lovely housekeeper ran for me every damn day. ridiculous, i know.

dvd player in the living room was perfect for my gilmore girls marathon while i drank copiously and pretended i was not there to take the bar exam. pool and hot tub included entertainment provided by two ladies from new jersey talking about their crazy aunt, and thousands of frogs, in both giant and miniature varieties.

in all, i couldn't have asked for more if i'd paid a few hundred dollars a night, and i only paid $89/night. and if my dogs and my kitten keep annoying the crap out of me, i just might move there for good.

0 comments: